The next planet was inhabited by a tippler.This was a very short visit, but it plunged the little prince into deep dejection.
下一个星球居住着一个酒鬼。这是一次非常短暂的拜访,但它使小王子陷入深深的沮丧之中。
"What are you doing there?" he said to the tippler, whom he found settled down in silence before a collection of empty bottles and also a collection of full bottles.
“你在那里什么?”他对酒鬼说,他发现酒鬼沉默地在收集来的空瓶子和装满的瓶子前。
null
"I am drinking," replied the tippler, with a lugubrious air.
“我在喝酒,”酒鬼用悲伤的语气回答。
"Why are you drinking?" demanded the little prince.
“你为什么要喝酒?”小王子问道
"So that I may forget," replied the tippler.
“为了让我忘记,”酒鬼回答。
"Forget what?" inquired the little prince, who already was sorry for him.
忘记什么?”小王子问道,他已经为他感到难过
"Forget that I am ashamed," the tippler confessed, hanging his head.
“忘记我感到羞愧,”酒鬼坦白道,低下了头。
"Ashamed of what?" insisted the little prince, who wanted to help him.
羞愧什么?”想要帮助他的小王子坚持问道
"Ashamed of drinking!"The tipler brought his speech to an end, and shut himself up in an impregnable silence.
羞愧喝酒!”酒鬼结束了他的讲话把自己封闭在一种坚不可摧的沉默中。
And the little prince went away, puzzled.
小王子困惑地走开了。
"The grown-ups are certainly very, very odd," he said to himself, as he continued on his journey.
“大人们确实非常非常奇怪,”他一边继续他的旅程一边对自己说。